We understand worship to be a special act or occasion whose purpose is to show reverence to and enjoy spending time with God. Collective worship involves all members of the school coming together and participating in an assembly. We expect everyone to take an active part in the assembly.
The aims and purpose of our collective worship are:
- to provide an opportunity for the children to worship God;
- to enable children to consider spiritual and moral issues;
- to enable children to explore their own beliefs;
- to encourage participation and response;
- to develop in children a sense of community spirit;
- to promote a common ethos with shared values and to reinforce positive attitudes;
- to teach children how to worship.
- to teach children about how Christian values and beliefs have played an important part in the history of our Country and it’s development.
The weekly structure for our Collective Worhsipis:
Monday : Open the Book
Tuesday: Our Christian value of the half term
Wednesday: Worship Team lead fortnightly Worship/Class based Collective Worship
Thursday: Our life and learning skills
The headteacher or other members of staff normally conduct collective worship, but sometimes local clergy or other representatives of local religious groups conduct them instead.
Please click here to see our Collective Worship Policy